Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Last Legal Issue

This year in Contemporary Legal Issues, I have learned a plethora of things on so many different issues, including: divorce agreements, what an annulment is, many current events, among many other interesting pieces of knowledge. I enjoyed blogging about so many interesting events, especially the Michael Vick case. That case interested me very much, and I enjoyed researching the entirety of the story, and making my own inferences with the knowledge the class has provided me. Furthermore, the most interesting topic/unit that we have covered was consumer section. That was information that I think everyone could use everyday, because of the fact that we all buy many things and we should know how to protect ourselves and who is working to help protect us. I also enjoyed the debates. If this class is taught again (which I think it should be) I think there should be more time devoted to the debate and ideas for rebuttals. I also believe we should have researched more of the other side’s arguments because there were times were I was uninformed of what the other side had stated. Overall though, it is a good activity, and I believe debates should be done more often even in other classes. What I did not find totally engaging and interesting was the section on tort laws. I know this is important for everyone’s knowledge of the legal state in today’s America, but it is a bit monotonous… but not everything can be fun right? J I think that we also should have done more with the current legal world in America. I want to know what the big debates are in today’s society. We did a little of that, but I would have liked to go more in depth. As for movies I think that should be seen in this class next time, I think the movie that we watched about Prisontown, USA was quite interesting, and deserves to be shown again to all legal issues classes. I really believe that Shawshank Redemption should be shown to the class, firstly, because it shows how hard prison life is, and also because it is a really awesome movie, and this is a really good excuse to watch it. Moreover, I think that the class should watch one law show on TV. Any one. They all have something to do with the law in America. Lastly, in college I may pursue a career in law. Law is kind of interesting to me. I don’t know whether I would like to spend my life practicing law, but there may be some sort of job in law that I may find interesting and look into. Overall, this class has been great, probably the best class of my semester (don’t tell the other teachers). I have had so much fun, daily, in the class, because it had the perfect blend of people and teacher, somewhat the perfect storm of a class. It has been great. Thank you. Enjoy the rest of the year, and the next legal issues class… but it won’t be as good as ours.

No comments: